Our school community believes that a dress appearance code based on modesty, civility and health and safety sets a tone conducive to learning as well as being acceptable within the broader community, all within the discretion of the school administration. Students are expected to present themselves appropriately for a place of learning. They are also expected to learn appearance and dress standards suitable at institutes of higher learning as well as in the work place.
The following are guidelines for acceptable dress in schools:
- Clothing must not display offensive logos or comments.
- Clothing must conceal underwear and must not be revealing.
- Students will be asked to remove piercings, jewellery or accessories if they are deemed unsafe for physical activity.
- Hats are to be removed inside the school, unless part of a special activity day.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Children must wear clothing appropriate for activity. Running shoes are required for use in the gym and on climbing structures, in the interest of student safety.
The administration shall have the discretion to apply this code – weighing safety, modesty and each individual case.